Monday, February 8, 2016

The Priority of Frustration - and a Camera

I’m not usually one to fret over if the house is clean, or if everyone looks groomed and put together. That’s just not how I’m wired. But there are days... And then the Lord reminds me of this one simple thing - there are 8 lives being shaped in this home. I walked around today to see what was actually happening and decided to take my camera on the journey with me. 

Beyond the laundry and cluttered counters there’s a man working hard in his office to provide for his family with his son studying beside him. One boy is learning more details about verbs, while changing his attitude about English. Kenna is enjoying Isaac and making him laugh. Eli and Kyra are playing in the dark in the basement with flashlights. I guess those cluttered counters don’t really matter after all. And that laundry? I'll be danged if it won't be there tonight just a waiting. To everything a time is assigned... Today, it's relational gratitude. May I choose that everyday. 











1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! I'm a neat freak (although you wouldn't know it by looking at my house), so my priorities get out of whack pretty often. And then the frustration! Because when there are a bunch of you living in one house (and 5/6 of you are not neat freaks)...well... Thank you so much for sharing this. It will be something that I will think about all day long. I sure do love you!

    ReplyDelete